15 November 2010

15 NOVEMBER - I'M GRATEFUL


I MADE THE EFFORT TO SEE PLENTY OF FILMS AT THE BRISBANE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL WHICH CLOSED TODAY.  NEXT YEAR I PLAN TO DOUBLE THIS EFFORT.

YOU MUST MUST MUST SEE OUT THE FOLLOWING FILMS IF YOU CAN

WINTER'S BONE (see pic above - probably my favourite of the festival)
MUGABE AND THE WHITE AFRICAN (shocking and happening today)
BILL CUNNINGHAM - NEW YORK (Amazing doco - I wanna love this man)
ORCHIDS - MY INTERSEX ADVENTURE (Highgate Hill girl's brave doco)
GLENN OWEN DODDS (I have a copy if you want to borrow it!)
I LOVE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS (Jim Carrey good, but Ewan McGregor shines)
I AM YOU (damn this film had a grreat location scout!  Moi!)
BLUE VALENTINE (depressingly real)
FREAKONOMICS (if you loved the book, enjoy this arty interpretation)
COWBOYS IN PARADISE (You go girls!)
MACHETE MAIDENS UNLEASHED (awesomely funny but could have been shorter)

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL FOR?